When we refer to online games, we usually mean video-type games that we play on a computer over the Internet. Some video games are played over the Internet using mobile phones and game consoles, but generally speaking, online games mean computer games that need an Internet connection to play. Simple text-based multiplayer games were the first of these types of games, as Internet connections were slow and expensive when these games were first introduced in the 1980s. Gradually, these games became popular in the 1990s, with today’s online games featuring virtual communities, realistic graphics, and multiplayer games where people can even play one-on-one or in knockout tournaments for cash prizes. We all know that the Internet is the fastest growing market in the history of the world, but did you know that there is an online gaming sector that is growing 4 times faster than the Internet in general? Yes! and it is the “Online Skill Games” market.
There are many styles of online games
Some of the different types of online games that exist:
1. RTS Games: This type of game is all about strategy where in order for your army to fight successfully against the other players on the internet, you need to develop a game plan by creating lots of resources.
2. First Person Shooter: Here players compete against each other one on one. In most first person games, online play allows for Death Match or Arena style of play. In this style of play, the view you see is the view from your character’s eyes.
3. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs): In these types of games each person has to keep trying to reach the next highest level until they have reached the highest written for that game and these online games can simultaneously have , thousands of players from all over the world, playing in a giant virtual world interacting against each other. Players can keep playing these types of games for months or even years!
4. Browser Games: These are quick, simple, and small hobby games that are played in your browser. The popular Java and Shockwave technologies are used to develop these games.
5. Online Skill Games: An online skill-based game is a web game played in a tournament or one-on-one format. Each player pays a cash entry fee to play with a cash or merchandise prize for the winner(s). The outcome of each competition is based on the player’s skill and performance, not luck.
How do online gaming companies make money?
All games today can be played online. How do we make money? This is the question that companies that make online games เว็บบอล must ask themselves. Most companies make single player games that are played at home and in this the player has to beat the artificial intelligence of the enemy. Today, these games usually include an online multiplayer version that can be played against or with other players on the Internet. Selling their game DVDs/CDs is how these companies make their profits, e.g. Warcraft 3 and Counter Strike. Advertising and promotions is how browser game companies make money. MMORPG companies usually charge their players a monthly fee and continue to add content by scheduling new scenarios etc. in their games, e.g. Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft. Some don’t, but survive because their DVD/CD sales are high, e.g. Guild Wars.